Wednesday, December 7, 2011

What happened to the blue & gray?!

Something you may notice if you've been following my Quest for the Perfect afghan motif, this week's squares changed color.
Yes, I ran out of navy blue and heather gray. Now I'm using Forest Floor and Bone.
On the other hand, I've found one really cool square! This one is the Swagged Square by Karla Fitch, author of the blog The Itsy Bitsy Spider. It's from her book, The Great Granny Swap Pattern Book, which is available as a free Ravelry download. (Click the title to go there!)

Anyway, here is what I created:
I love the way the contrast looks! My only concern is for how a bunch of these squares will join...the sides curve in a bit, and I'm wondering if the blanket would have a ripple to it? There may be only one way to find out...

I tried another square from Edie Eckman's book, Beyond the Square Crochet Motifs (link is to amazon listing). This one was a square motif, #95:
This is another one of those squares that I thought was really cool-looking, especially since it reminded me a bit of filet crochet. That was before I hooked it. It's still a cool-looking square, but it was a little annoying to make, and I don't like that.

There's one final square that I made just tonight. It's from "Beyond the Square" again (I'm definitely getting my money's worth out of this book!), and it is Motif # 113:
I'm realizing that I should probably stop photographing these on my desk & dining table. The wood is just too dark for these colors to show up properly.



No comments:

Post a Comment