Monday, July 9, 2012

More stuff I accomplished while away from blogspot

On Sunday, I mentioned I had more projects to share.
Here they are.


My mom sent me the BHG All Small magazine with a sticky note that she liked this pattern. The sample in the magazine was very cute, but it was done with all pink fabrics. I couldn't do that, even if I did know we were expecting a girl. (We won't find that out for a couple more weeks.)
So, I used a Fat Quarter bundle that had a pretty good mix of green, yellow, red, pink, and blue. The fabrics came from the Apple of My Eye and Millie's Closet collections from Riley Blake. (Note to self: when you get a fat quarter bundle that is only available for a month, write the collection names down! You don't want to spend hours clicking through thumbnails online, trying to find the pattern just to order backing fabric.)
The backing & binding fabric is on order, along with more batting. I'm really excited about this quilt, because it's intended for the nursery!

Ok, like many, many other women, I have a thing for bags. So I found this pattern and had to make some:
The funny thing about these fabrics, when I first received the bundle I just set it aside, thinking that I didn't care for them. Silly me. That purple? It's got moons, stars and storm clouds!

And that green floral-looking one? There are tiny skulls hiding in it!
How did I not see those earlier? I noticed them when I was cutting the fabrics. Anyway, these things are darn cute and take about 20 minutes to make. If I were back home, they would totally be favor bags for my baby shower. But I'm not home, so I don't get one of those. (Neither did my mom. There seems to be a pattern of moving very, very far away before the first child is born in our family.)
My point is, I am going to wind up with a ton of these little things, because they are pretty addictive once you start.

There's also my jump-start on decorating for the holidays...since we had just moved here last fall, we weren't able to really do much for Halloween or Thanksgiving. So right now I'm working on a Halloween themed quilt to toss over the couch come October:
The plan is to finish this one before August, so I can maybe finish another afghan before September, and perhaps get the Christmas stockings and quilts done before the baby arrives (which will hopefully happen before my parents arrive, since it would really suck for them to fly across the ocean only to spend half their visit waiting for us to come home from the hospital.)

Seems like a lot, right? Except I've been ignoring my blog for the past few months, so it really isn't as hectic as it seems.

Linked to WIP Wednesdays...Check out the button on the right-hand side of the screen! You know you can't resist it...

7 comments:

  1. Love the colors on you bhg quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the moons and skulls ;) what cute fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BHG quilt is adorable! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that Halloween quilt! What a perfect way to had a simple Halloween touch to a sitting area :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colors in that bhg quilt are fantastic! Also, I am pretty sure I mean to make a halloween quilt just about every year and I just never get around to it. Maybe someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. At Saturday Sampler this past week at the quilt shop they highlighted bag patterns. I want so many of them, but oh, I don't want to spend $8 and on up to buy each one.
    I made a bag for my daughter's birthday that is up on my blog this week.
    I took some time off from blogging but I sure didn't accomplish any crafting in the meantime, other than making the bag and working on the granny square blanket.

    ReplyDelete