Remember this market bag I made earlier in the month? Well, I'm making another one. This is out of KnitPicks Dishie, which is so much nicer to work with than Sugar & Cream. The cotton is a bit thinner, so I'm using a 5.0mm hook instead of 5.5mm. This will also make a slightly smaller bag, but that's ok! The mesh will stretch quite a bit.
I'm also using this project to trouble-shoot the notes I made from the prototype. If I can actually nail down the challenges and solve them, I'll have a workable pattern to share.
And I'm working on a pair of shorts for Grant. It's starting to warm up, and in the hot weather I'd rather use a wool diaper cover than a plastic one. Wool is breathable, he stays cooler. I haven't made this pattern before (I usually knit diaper covers), so it's interesting to see the different construction.
The yarn is Malabrigo Worsted in Comfy Junkie, and I'm using a 4.0mm hook - my gauge was spot-on with the first swatch, which is always a nice feeling! It's like the pattern just wants to be made, right away!
Hopefully, I'll be able to finish at least one of these before Friday, so I can have more than one completed project to wrap up National Crochet Month!