Monday, March 13, 2017

Weekend Wind-up

So here's what the weekend produced:
This scarf, which is pretty short but very colorful.
It's the Lizard pattern by Jasmin Räsänen, which is easily adjustable to any gauge and works up very quickly. The yarn is Premier Yarns Serenity Garden Sport, and I used a 5.0mm hook. 
Yeah ok the scarf is barely long enough to wrap around my neck once, but have you ever been to Las Vegas? I was planning on this being my "keep cool" scarf this summer (the kind of scarf you either wear to mop up your sweat, or dip in water to keep your neck cool). It doesn't need to be long, it just needs to be cheerful. 

I've made considerable progress on this filet crochet project. I think I'm about 20% through it by now; when it's finished, it will be either a wall hanging (if I ever manage to mount and frame it) or (more likely) a doily on top of the sideboard. I'm using KnitPicks Curio crochet thread, and a 1.75mm hook.

And finally, I've started on a market bag.
The inspiration to start this one came from the Earth Day Crochet Along in one of the Ravelry groups I belong to. (Please note: if you are not a member of Ravelry, you won't be able to view any of the forums. The website is free to join, though, and is a wonderful database of yarns, crochet/knit patterns, and projects.) 
Anyway, the CAL is not a particular pattern, but more of a general theme. Reusable items, like market bags and dishcloths, or recycled/upcycled items such as plarn (yarn made from plastic bags) or reclaimed yarn from old sweaters. 
I've been meaning to make some more market bags; I would like to make a shift to reusable bags when grocery shopping, and my local Smith's gives me bonus loyalty points when I bring my own bags. So I decided this CAL was a perfect reason to design one! (Wait, did I say "design"? Why, yes I did!)
So it's started, and (hopefully) I'll have it completed by next weekend, and once it's completed I'll have a pattern to share. 

No comments:

Post a Comment