Friday, January 15, 2016

Testing...testing...

Well, I've opened the test for my Ribbon Scarf.
I'm still not decided on a name, and I'm still trying to get the final photos, but neither of those are needed for the test phase. The pattern itself is completed, and that's the important part right now.
(If anyone is interested in helping, I'm running the test on Ravelry here.)(And if you're not, that's cool; I'll still announce when it's officially released.)

I took the boys to the park today. Part of this was an excuse to visit Starbucks, as it's right on the way and has a drive-thru, and I haven't had a pumpkin spice latte in a while. Part of this was a genuine need to get Clinton outside and running around. And part of it was an ill-fated attempt to get some decent photos of the scarves.
One of the nice things about living in Las Vegas is the very mild winters that make playground visits, in January, wearing sweaters instead of snowsuits, possible. It's also very, very sunny. That becomes a problem when you're attempting to take photographs of crocheted items that show off the stitches. I tried finding the areas of the park with filtered sunlight, but there weren't many. There was a park bench covered in bird poop (I wouldn't even sit there, I'm certainly not draping a handmade scarf over it), and the ground (again, I'm not going to use it as a display for my crocheted scarves). So the whole photography portion of our trip was a bust.

On the other hand, Clinton ran off a ton of energy and Grant had fun on the swings again, and I enjoyed coffee while it was still hot. So it was still a successful outing.

No comments:

Post a Comment